Wednesday, October 12, 2016

GOP Island



CAMERA quickly zooms into a tiny island, water dangerously covering its shores, threatening to engulf it completely.

VOICEOVER: Coming from Mark Burnett:

TEXT and VOICEOVER: GOP Island

VOICEOVER: Watch as 10 remaining dead-ender Republicans, the very last holding out for Donald Trump, struggle to survive on justification, rationalization, and cognitive dissonance alone.

On an island that is becoming increasingly smaller day-by-day, the waters creeping up more and more closely to the shore like a stimulant-filled Republican Presidential debater looming behind a Democrat, these increasingly isolated diehards are drawn closer and closer together before the ocean completely covers their tiny atoll.

CUT IN INTERVIEW:

DUNCAN: He seemed so sure. He kept saying "Believe me", and, after all, he had his own University, why shouldn't I believe him? Now...here I am.

VOICEOVER: Watch as the last remaining survivors engage in strategy and manipulations to attempt to survive, only to realize the dire, dark consequences of their machinations:

CUT IN INTERVIEW:

JEFF: I wanted to be the first in. He told me, "Jeff, it will be a great deal, a magnificent deal. I'll make you Attorney General. Little did I know, he had told that to Rudy and Chris too!

VOICEOVER: Watch as they engage in exciting challenges:

-To prove that Trump knows more than the generals about ISIS;
-To justify that it's not political, international, and human insanity to use nuclear weapons in Europe;
-To show that Russia is actually not in Ukraine, not in Crimea;
-To reveal the secret, never-before-revealed Articles 11-20 of the Constitution.

CUT IN INTERVIEW:

MARSHA: Help me. Help me, please. I'm an intelligent woman! How could I have associated myself with this unscrupulous, impulsive, erratic, utterly self-absorbed misogynist? I want to get off!

TEXT AND VOICEOVER: COMING IN NOVEMBER: GOP ISLAND